The Congregation of Notre-Dame in 18th Century Louisbourg (Heritage Notes No. 7) – by A.J.B. Johnston (edited by Bill O’Shea)

The Congregation of Notre-Dame in 18th Century Louisbourg By A.J.B. Johnston (edited by Bill O’Shea) First published by the Louisbourg Heritage Society in July 1995. First on Cape Breton Island, then in exile in France, the Sisters of the Congregation of Notre-Dame served the people of Louisbourg for many decades. Their aim was to always... Continue Reading →

The Louisbourg Library – 50 Years (Heritage Notes 12) – by Bill O’Shea

Originally published by the Louisbourg Heritage Society in September, 2000. The Louisbourg Library - 50 Years Bill O’Shea The Louisbourg Branch of the Cape Breton Regional Library opened on October 6, 1950. It was on the ground floor of the Navy League building on Main Street. Christine MacLean was the first librarian… To read more... Continue Reading →

1995 – A Year of Commemoration (Louisbourg Heritage Notes No. 4) – by By B.A. Balcom, A.J.B. Johnston, William A. O’Shea

Published by the Louisbourg Heritage Society in February 1994 1995 - A Year of Commemoration By B.A. Balcom, A.J.B. Johnston, William A. O’Shea Historic Louisbourg will be a busy town in 1995. That year, the Town of Louisbourg and the Fortress of Louisbourg National Historic Site will commemorate significant events of a colourful past. 1995... Continue Reading →

What is the O’Shea Archives?

The O'Shea Archives is the home for the historical writing and research of Canadian historian, writer and researcher, William A. O'Shea (Bill O'Shea). This is a new digital collection of many years of historical writing. Over the coming weeks and months this site will be populated with a great deal of historical information about the... Continue Reading →

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑